Full Name: Salman Farooq DOB: 31st May 1979 Nationality: Pakistani
§ Partner Nishtar and Zafar, Advocates and Consultants.
§ Legal Officer at National Tariff Commission (Ministry of Commerce) from 01-07-2009 to 18 March, 2013, working on Trade Remedy laws and Policy issues.
§ Part-time visiting faculty member at International Islamic University (teaching Corporate law, WTO Law, and Commercial Law to LLM students).
§ External and Internal Research Supervisor at IIUI. (conducted three LLM dissertation researches with the research students at the University).
§ Research Associate with Professor of the International Islamic University.
§ Part-time visiting faculty member at the University of Lahore (teaching Corporate Governance).
- Advocate High Court (Enrolment Date) 14-07-2006
- Advocate District Court 01-06-2003
- SHEIKH LAW ASSOCIATES 03-03-2003 to 15-05-2007
§ Carrying out research in Corporate, Trade, Civil, Property, Rent.
§ Presentation of the cases.
§ Client dealing.
§ Drafting and preparation of files.
September 2007-08 SOAS, University of London LLM WTO and Trade Linkages
International Trade Law
Alternative Dispute Resolution
August 1998 – March 2003 International Islamic Univ. LLB Hons. Shariah and Law.
1995-1997 IMCB F-8/4 Fsc. Pre Medical.
1984-1995 St. Mary’s Cambridge School Matriculation.
- Participant of the WTO National Seminar on Trade and Development, 2010.
- Covered some events in the U.K for a Pakistani Journal.
- Host shows varying from social, creative and competitive nature.
· September 2001 - International Humanitarian Law Competition
Participated in the International Humanitarian Law Competition held in September 2001 and 2002 under the supervision of the International Committee of the Red Cross.
· 1998-99- Received scholarship in the first year of my studies at IIUI.
· Sub-Editor of the “Voice of Shariah”, IIUI.
· Vice-President of The “Young Jurists Forum”.
- Arranged and participated in the first law moots among the senior students of the Faculty of
Shari’ah and Law.
- Languages Score of 8 in IELTS, Good Command of Arabic Language.